NC Switch IC

shivaaa

Joined Jan 5, 2011
There is only one Motor which is operated by R-AC Relay, If the R-AC relay is energized the Relay Path Get closed and motor will get ON.

The Other Two Relays (R1,R2) are not connected with the motor. these relays operates only at DC voltages and these relay supplied DC voltage to Switch ON or Switch OFF the R-AC Relay.

From my Image The Relay R-2 output is going to R-AC Relay to make it ON or OFF. and again The Same R-2 Output is connected to energize R1.

If Output is coming in R-2, The R-AC Relay will ON and Motor Running. The Same R-2 Output will make R1 Energize and Opens the switch.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Does A or B make the transition between the states?

What you are creating is a device with memory, which means "include a flip flop" (1 bit memory device).

I see the difference in Line 2 that changes when the Motor is running and the relay is closed.

The question is, moving away from that condition, does A always change status first, or B?

I'm trying to come up with a simple logic statement for this, that matches what you want.

Is it safe to assume that AC-Relay and Motor are the same thing? e.g. If motor is on, AC relay is on as well, and if relay is on, motor is on as well?

shivaaa

Joined Jan 5, 2011
I see the difference in Line 2 that changes when the Motor is running and the relay is closed.

The question is, moving away from that condition, does A always change status first, or B?

Initially, A and B both will be 1 or A and B both will be 0. from that condition it should go to A=1 or A and B = 0

I'm trying to come up with a simple logic statement for this, that matches what you want.

Is it safe to assume that AC-Relay and Motor are the same thing? e.g. If motor is on, AC relay is on as well, and if relay is on, motor is on as well?
Yes, you can assume AC Relay is on means motor is ON

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
So the initial condition, motor not running, is a NOR of A B
When the motor is running, it appears to be an XOR of A B

This could be messed up based on B inputs that do not fit the NOR or XOR gates.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
NOR

and

XOR

Look at the truth tables at upper right of each entry to see if they combine to what you want. Your two inputs are A and B, and the output is A <func> B