National Technical Honor Society

Maintenance Man

Joined May 12, 2010
On 5-13-2011, I was inducted in to the National Technical Honor society at the career ready/ tech school I am currently going to and will also be getting an associate degree in Electronics technology from a local college in 2 years because of going to school part time. How important is this membership to potential employers? I got this for having good grades and being a good student. I am sure it will get the attention of most employers. I have over 17 years of industrial electrical/ electronic experience to go along with it. I like to think I am a good candidate for electronics jobs. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated; I value the opinions from so many professionals in the field. Thank you very much.
Sincerely:
Maintenance Man
:)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Never heard of it. I have been in the workforce over 30 years, about 20 of that as a machine maintenance tech, with similar qualifications to yours (Eastern Oklahoma State College). Can they help you find a job? I don't mean as a line on a resume, I mean pointing you to job openings?

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
How much are the dues? Never mind, I checked, $25 one time membership and they have a full catalog of logo merchandise.;) They also have 75 $1000 scholarships.

Some of the "professional associations" are a guy/girl in his/her basement with a computer.

Last edited: