Name your, "15 minutes of Fame".

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I'm sitting on the front porch, weeks earlier I was told "Oh, and BTW did you know the Osmand family moved in just up the street"

Well I'm older than her by a couple of years, and as she rode pass we looked at each other. She a young 14 year old, I just watched, as she rode by I said to myself "Oh, that is Mary Osmand." She on the other hand could only stare at the "Biker / Greased Blond long haired dude" smoking a cigarette, looking at her.

Needless to say, she didn't make a return trip.

Later, I met her " Manager / Promoter" while working on their many homes.

Suddenly, they show up one day at my business, wanting a diagnoses of their microwave.

I told them the price, they said well we will pass and by a new one. I said that will be $15us for the Diag.

They complained so much that I just let them walk, rather than listening to their crying and whaling over paying for it.

I couldn't stand it, really, rich people who have no freaking money, they invest it and don't have a dime to spend otherwise.

kv

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
I have met quite a few recording stars, by playing out all these years....and they are just people, to me. Nothing any more spectacular than the next guy or gal. They just have more money. Sometimes, they lose it all.....

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I thought this was supposed to be 15 minutes of your fame, however grand or insignificant it might be. Not 15 minutes you spent with someone else who was famous. Maybe I don't understand the term, since everybody posted along the same lines. Nobody here was ever on the news? A couple of stupid things I did in high school made it into the small town newspaper, but that's about the extent of my "fame" or publicity. Oh yeah, and they put my pic in the newspaper when I went off to boot camp.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
I know someone here played football in HS or high school and has a newspaper clipping detailing their awesome game. Or maybe not; this is a site for nerds after all.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I know someone here played football in HS or high school and has a newspaper clipping detailing their awesome game. Or maybe not; this is a site for nerds after all.
A story is a story, I read all of them with the same intent. Something different than or not in electronics and in the real world.

So, what. I have lots of experiencing things to pass on to other people in the know, the haves or the have nots.

It doesn't have to be interesting only if it lands in an Editorial. Sometimes the strangest and most interesting will occur and no one will ever know it happened.

FYI, just my honest opinion, and yes I spelled it out.

kv

Edit: Strant, don't rant, just have a little fun. This could really be a fun "Thread"

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Ok then, I'm dealing with it. Tony Robbins is helping me. For real, he's at my house right now. Said he would give me 15 minutes free life help to get through that tongue lashing.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Tony Robbins is helping me. For real, he's at my house right now.
That's amazing! About 3 months ago, one of my friends had Tony Robbins at his house, too. I drove right over to meet Tony, but by the time I got there, the morphine had worn off and Mr. Robbins was not there.:D

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
That's amazing! About 3 months ago, one of my friends had Tony Robbins at his house, too. I drove right over to meet Tony, but by the time I got there, the morphine had worn off and Mr. Robbins was not there.:D
So, I've officially been kicked out of the sandbox. I didn't meet your favorite martian.

If you had let it go on someone may have. I would have to say this thread earns some pixy dust.

"Flock" it still could have been fun, sorry I dusted it.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
@killivolt: I don't know why you quoted me and I don't understand your point. Maybe you thought I was talking to somebody besides strantor? (I wasn't.)

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
@killivolt: I don't know why you quoted me and I don't understand your point. Maybe you thought I was talking to somebody besides strantor? (I wasn't.)
Really?

Just as a side "Bar" I guess I was lashing (Strantor) I didn't mean to come off that way, after reading it this morning I see how that come off.

It's funny after 2 months of not posting, suddenly the very thing, as all the others posted, becomes a drift away from (Your OP)

As I recall there wasn't anything in it that said you (Had to be famous or written in a column or TV)

To bad I wrote anything at all, I was beginning to enjoy the read.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
I thought this was supposed to be 15 minutes of your fame, however grand or insignificant it might be. Not 15 minutes you spent with someone else who was famous. Maybe I don't understand the term, since everybody posted along the same lines. Nobody here was ever on the news? A couple of stupid things I did in high school made it into the small town newspaper, but that's about the extent of my "fame" or publicity. Oh yeah, and they put my pic in the newspaper when I went off to boot camp.
Back some years ago, on a (Universal Studio ??) tour, there was a segment on filming the Six-Million Dollar Man and Woman shows. A young lady and I were selected from the audience to perform the stunts.

My stunt was to lift a Truck. It's actually quite easy when you know how.
Just a very slight upward pressure on the side pipe causes the truck to instantly tilt, courtesy of some completely silent hydraulics.

BTW. Back then I actually HAD a six-pack. Now I just buy them. :)

Last edited:

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Really?

Just as a side "Bar" I guess I was lashing (Strantor) I didn't mean to come off that way, after reading it this morning I see how that come off.

It's funny after 2 months of not posting, suddenly the very thing, as all the others posted, becomes a drift away from (Your OP)

As I recall there wasn't anything in it that said you (Had to be famous or written in a column or TV)

To bad I wrote anything at all, I was beginning to enjoy the read.
I didn't mean to pick on you man. I had been thinking that for a while but didn't get around to posting it, then the thread went idle and I forgot about it. You revived it and then I posted. You were a "victim" of timing, if anything. "victim" for lack of a better word; my post wasn't really meant to chastise anybody, but just to get back on topic. I apologize if I worded it in a way that made it seem otherwise.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
2 of my most favored people. (#12 and Strantor)

My apologies for coming off badly.

(However, I did get my name on a "Shoot House in Iraq" I doubt they still have it, not sure.)

I was working for a company called "Action Target" building shooting ranges and training facilities. http://www.actiontarget.com

Anyway, they let us sign our names on the building, before it was transported. It was a 2 story city block, we were listed in the paper along with our names.

I had all but forgotten about it. While working there, I found out I'm allergic to solder smoke, I went into anaphylactic shock a couple times and had to give the job up.

I really liked that job.

I have to use a product that will eventually kill me for my asthma. But that won't stop me from building circuits...

kv