Name that semiconductor :)

CVCTFMaint

Joined Sep 26, 2012
I need assistance in identifying a semiconductor component in an electrical circuit (see attached) so I can duplicate this circuit. The circuit diagram drawn is of a physically existing, properly working circuit. The voltage readings I've noted were taken with the circuit energized in low speed mode with the proper low speed RPM. The component I'm trying to identify controls the gate of the thyristor. I am only assuming this is a DIAC. I need to verify this and determine the electrical characteristics so I can build it. The component in question is .150" long with a .070" diamater and two leads. it appears to be made of a glass type material and looks similar to a DIAC or a SIDAC. I have tried a SIDAC (NTE6415) and a DIAC (NTE6412) without success.
Once identified I also need to know the electrical characteristics, Vbo, etc...so I can replace this component in other circuits.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU....

Attachments

paulktreg

Joined Jun 2, 2008
I'm by no means an expert but there seems to be very few DIAC types available and those that are seem to be rated at or around 36V/2A. Perhaps there's no part number because any DIAC will do the job?