Name of connector type

Thread Starter


Joined Jan 19, 2013
My question is probably pretty simple and basic, but because I'm a noobie, I'm having a difficult time finding a connector. Basically, I'm looking for a female connector to plug into male header pins on a PCB. I'm looking for wire-to-board, not board-to-board. When I do a search on Digikey, I'm quickly overwhelmed because I don't know the name of the type of plug that I need. I'm specifically looking for 2-pin plugs at the moment, but I would like to know the name of the plug type for various pin counts. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you.