Mylar cap?

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Hi guys; i've ordered mylar 104-0.1uf 50v caps for the power sup circuit (coupling cap) of my sony tube tv,and they sent me this yellow seems to be film 104,can i use the Yellow cap to replace the brown mylar oem cap?i checked capacitance of both caps with my fluke 87V and i 've got on the Brown 101 and on the Yellow 100 see pic attach. and have an Happy New Year.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
give me make and model and component reference on the schematic......
Thanks sheldons: it's a Sony 36KVHS500 and the fault was intermittent start up, i fixed it by changing Ic 6501 and IC8002 and added 18pin sockets,but the IC supplier suggests to change c6532,68027,c8037,c6532, also the big caps c6503,c6590, i have the pdf in a Cd but couldn't upload it! i only could come up with the the link to the download site,

http://www.opweb.de/en/model.php?id=464

Attachments

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
The top of the left electrolytic looks a bit convex-ish.

Not quite bulged or burst, but I'd have a closer look.
Thanks field i checked and they check normal ESR and capacitance ok too.

a matter of a fact i had ordered 2 Panasonic 1200uf 250 hc and they do not fit they are shorter in hight and larger,i tested these new ones and they test lower then the Mycon oem that are there!

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
How do you know the capacitor needs replacing?
Thanks MrChips:this was suggested by the supplier, i checked all of them and they're ok,at the moment after the swap of the MCZ3001 Driver Ic the Tv is running good,but i would like to be 100% sure that the chips icmcz3001 won't fail cause i did not changed any of the mentioned caps!

Have A Great Happy New Year you all, thanks to you all for the great help and support given in this outstanding community forum.

sheldons

Joined Oct 26, 2011
give me the component ref for the part you mentioned earlier-the capacitor-i already have the service manual for that model as ive repaired a few of them over the years.......heres part of the manual i have

Attachments

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
give me the component ref for the part you mentioned earlier-the capacitor-i already have the service manual for that model as i've repaired a few of them over the years.......heres part of the manual i have
Thanks Sheldons; I appreciate your help 0.1 mf 50 cap 113049500

since you are an expert on the tv repair world special on this model! that will be a plus for me,i am not a tv repair per say i have no experience on the matter i just learned electronics with an on line course a few years ago and thought myself on my own TVs well I'm an hobbit and mostly repair my stuff,if a friend asks me i will try to repair just for the fun of it and for free, that's all.I love electronics and tv repair,i have about 10 RCA CTC2o3 and CTC 185 chassis that people throw out in the side of the road some where ok with minor faults I've repair them with scrap parts that i find,and i have a pile of chassis mostly RCA,
Also have 2 extra full chassis for my Sony KV36HS500 and suspect the fault is the 2 MCZ3001 Driver IC, so i will have extra parts for my sony as long as the Tube is good i will try to repair it cause i love the Pic of it the HD is a way better than any Led or LCD in my opinion.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Thanks Sheldons; I appreciate your help 0.1 mf 50 cap 113049500

since you are an expert on the tv repair world special on this model! that will be a plus for me,i am not a tv repair per say i have no experience on the matter i just learned electronics with an on line course a few years ago and thought myself on my own TVs well I'm an hobbit and mostly repair my stuff,if a friend asks me i will try to repair just for the fun of it and for free, that's all.I love electronics and tv repair,i have about 10 RCA CTC2o3 and CTC 185 chassis that people throw out in the side of the road some where ok with minor faults I've repair them with scrap parts that i find,and i have a pile of chassis mostly RCA,
Also have 2 extra full chassis for my Sony KV36HS500 and suspect the fault is the 2 MCZ3001 Driver IC, so i will have extra parts for my sony as long as the Tube is good i will try to repair it cause i love the Pic of it the HD is a way better than any Led or LCD in my opinion.

C 6510 - 1-130-495-00 mylar