My wireless robot......

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
A wedge, AKA pushy bot, is the most basic of combat robots. They work by being tougher than their opponents.

You could put a spinning flywheel with teeth (it can be cut in, or blocks of metal) in front, they tend to be pretty destructive. If you do use gearing, it isn't as important that the wheel go fast as that it can't stall out (stop spinning).

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
You could put a spinning flywheel with teeth (it can be cut in, or blocks of metal) in front, they tend to be pretty destructive.
For that fly wheel i have gone to mechanical designer in market he suggested to use Nilon rather than metal because of less wt.
I have seen many bot using throw up weapons i will like to add these weapons in future..!!

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Weight is always important, but in a clash it is important to be tougher than your opponent.

Many builders will post videos of their robot demolishing large appliances, old computer, TVs, washing machines. This is for proof of concept and toughness test, not to mention making a cool video.

The biggest trick is to get as close to the maximize allowed by the weight class without going over. Occasionally this results in a Swiss Cheese look, as guys drill lots of holes in their case to lighten the bot to be under the limit. Size matters.