My skype ID :mmangel7,welcome to add

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
I admit I have time recently, and work is not so busy.
So,
do you wan to know about chinese diet,custom,whatever,add me:D

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Why don't we create a Skype address catalog right here? Since you have to accept a new contact, spamming isn't possible; only a heap of friend requests which you can ignore.

Let's do it as an experiment. If we need more security I 'll create an attachment with the Skype names which only AAC members can view.

So here's my Skype name too: tailwhipx2 (I think). The account name is Dave Mirra, but don't let that bother you.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Mine is der.strom. You're welcome to add me, but I don't use it often, and when I do I only use the IM. I rarely ever talk or video skype.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
It is actually rude to request a voice or video call unless you really know your conversation partner well. Except it is for business.

I usually let my conversation partners know that I do not have a wish to dig out my handset all the time, and become locked up with speaking, having to stop work etc.

Have you seen there is the option to add your skype so it even shows in every post?

Or is this a skype thread.

For people seeking to chat with me on skype, I recommend at first examine my homepage. If you don't like it or it is not interesting then there is little point in taking any time trying to chat with me.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
When my friends and I first used skype, about a year and a half ago, for everyday communication, we used to get startled and annoyed by "ninja calls". Now we all expect someone to call the group sometime in the evening.

But, yes, accepting a voice or video call by a non-familiar person for no apparent reason, isn't something I would to either.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
It's even annoying for people you know. Because if you hold the handset, and talk, you can't do anything else.

But when I just write IM, I can perfectly work at a program, surf the web, or even solder wires to a circuit.

I can also take my time to reply, immediately, or after a minute. I can go and get a coffee etc.

So, I tell people, I really do not have a big wish to talk on the handset all day. Video I always deny- my digicam can't be used as webcam, and I don't like it either.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I use the webcam's microphone so I don't have spacial restrictions. It's more prone to ambient noise, but since I live alone, that's not an issue.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I think a teamspeak chatroom would be better.Thats what we use for online racing in teams. We get anywhere from 3-30 people on it at various times. That way all we'd have to do is log into the ip of the AAC chatrooms. You can host it on 1 PC on a cable modem and can handle 50+ people chatting in multiple rooms. And I'm sure theirs a plug in for the site for teamspeak to show how many people are in each room or what rooms have been opened from your browser.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Teamspeak sure is more refined for group chatting and gaming applications. But I believe Skype is more tailored for person-to-person or ad-hoc small groups. Plus you don't need an extra software (if you use Skype on daily basis) for a rare need.