My Life Fitness LCD Engage 95t touchscreen is unresponsive.

Bahamatruthseeker

Joined Jan 1, 2020
Hello;
I just found your forum and I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot and fix an unresponsive LCD touchscreen for a life fitness 95t engage treadmill. I inherited this machine so it's slightly used. It's in very good condition and works manually, it's only the touch screen that's unresponsive. My S/N is TWT 111477

Focos

Joined Apr 16, 2021
I have a similar problem - touchscreen is unresponive only quick start button works after repetitive touches. Should I replace the touchscreen or is the background electronic the problem? 95r Inspire Elevation Serie Recumbent bike 15DN-ALLXP-1CRC REV H

SNASHSTER

Joined Apr 17, 2021
I have a similar problem - touchscreen is unresponive only quick start button works after repetitive touches. Should I replace the touchscreen or is the background electronic the problem? 95r Inspire Elevation Serie Recumbent bike 15DN-ALLXP-1CRC REV H
HI, I've had this happen a couple of times in the past, sometimes it's a build up of grime on the foam seal around the screen, or the seal is swollen from moisture, go around it and clean it and push it back away from the touchpad otherwise the the machine thinks your pressing down already so doesn't register your touch either readily or at all.
There is also a calibration setting in the service menu you can try but this is more for accuracy.

Focos

Joined Apr 16, 2021
HI, I've had this happen a couple of times in the past, sometimes it's a build up of grime on the foam seal around the screen, or the seal is swollen from moisture, go around it and clean it and push it back away from the touchpad otherwise the the machine thinks your pressing down already so doesn't register your touch either readily or at all.
There is also a calibration setting in the service menu you can try but this is more for accuracy.
Thanks a lot for the info - I will give it a try :0))