my first robot

kirayamato_143

Joined Jan 23, 2011
hi guys,, please help me to start with this project in my mind.. at first i thought that reading first will be better but i'm kind of feeling that electronics must deal w/ hands on.. For my project i want to create a prototype that move left,right,forward and backward base on voice command with the scale of 1cm to the right =1 right( trough voice).. it automatically turns light or led when it gets dark located in its head and the body is an speaker w/ stereo pin or mp3 connector for my cell phone..i'll be using micro controller if needed. the power supply is trough outlet..

i hope you can help me..i feel desperate,,lol :D

kirayamato_143

Joined Jan 23, 2011
thank you sir for your response.. my problem is as a newbie i don't know where to start,,maybe somebody can help me to show some schematics or tutorial to start with...maybe you sir thanks in advance..

First learn how to program microcontrollers.The voice command issue wont be easy,best you hold that until you have packed enough knowledge.But if you still want to go ahead,I'd suggest learning about Analog to Digital Converters and some theory in digital sampling.I personally think its easier to make a robot with its own intelligence,neural intelligence than one that would respond to voice commands,mostly because voice is unstable,though I still think it can be done,if you have good memory and processing.

The light sensation thing is comparably easy,learn about photoelectronics,but its simply a transistor amplifier with an LDR to its base bias.Goodluck.

kirayamato_143

Joined Jan 23, 2011
thanks sir j. m i plan to spend coming days with pic microcontrollers examples.. do you have any resources because the one that comes in pickit 3 is in mplab .. i prefer working in C ..but i'll be googling for the moment.. thanks it gives me confidence that my plan is right..