My Ardurino Uno and Stepper Motor are not moving as I put in the code.

twohats

Joined Oct 28, 2015
For starters, what is the object attached with one wire to A0 ?
More info will get you more answers.
Good luck.......

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

For starters, can you come up with a more useful title than "my circuit isnt working"?

A better title would be "My Arduino Uno stepping motor simulation does not work".

Joined Jan 22, 2023
I made a digital circuit and I am trying to get the stepper motor to go in a full circle using an ardurino uno, stepper motor, potentiometer and A4988 Driver. The only necessary components are the ardurino uno and stepper motor so if someone can help me that would be nice. thanks

Attachments

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
I would think you need to drive the motor from a separate 5V supply, not the Arduino one as it cannot supply the required current.
And a 2200uF electrolytic capacitor on the motor 5V supply, close to the driver board will help keeping the supply clean.
I see you do not have the other 2 wires on the pot either.

Joined Jan 22, 2023
I would think you need to drive the motor from a separate 5V supply, not the Arduino one as it cannot supply the required current.
And a 2200uF electrolytic capacitor on the motor 5V supply, close to the driver board will help keeping the supply clean.
I see you do not have the other 2 wires on the pot either.
is there a website you suggest that has all those things on it? im new to this and im not really sure what to do. Right now im using wokwi to make it

Joined Jan 22, 2023
yes, thank you so much. so with the wires like this, would i be able to code it so that the stepper motor can go in a full circle?

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
Probably it will work. I have not looked at your code, but the connections to the pot were missing as were the power to drive the motor. I wish you best of luck with it.

Joined Jan 22, 2023
they arent working for me. I tried the first one and nothing happens and for the other ones it needs a library for where it says <accelstepper.h>