MUX?

jokester4u

Joined Nov 3, 2012
WARNING:DesignEntry:216 - Net "DESTINATION_A" is connected to load pins and/or
I/O markers, but not connected to any source pin or I/O marker.
WARNING:DesignEntry:216 - Net "DESTINATION_B" is connected to load pins and/or
WARNING:DesignEntry:216 - Net "DESTINATION_C" is connected to load pins and/or
WARNING:DesignEntry:216 - Net "DESTINATION_D" is connected to load pins and/or
WARNING:DesignEntry:206 - Net "XLXN_56" must be connected to a symbol pin or an
I/O marker.
WARNING:Xst:1780 - Signal <XLXN_56> is never used or assigned. This unconnected signal will be trimmed during the optimization process.
WARNING:Xst:653 - Signal <DESTINATION_D_DUMMY> is used but never assigned. This sourceless signal will be automatically connected to value 0.
WARNING:Xst:653 - Signal <DESTINATION_C_DUMMY> is used but never assigned. This sourceless signal will be automatically connected to value 0.
WARNING:Xst:653 - Signal <DESTINATION_B_DUMMY> is used but never assigned. This sourceless signal will be automatically connected to value 0.
WARNING:Xst:653 - Signal <DESTINATION_A_DUMMY> is used but never assigned. This sourceless signal will be automatically connected to value 0.
WARNING:Cpld - Unable to retrieve the path to the iSE Project Repository. Will
use the default filename of 'LABB2.ise'.
WARNING:Cpld:1007 - Removing unused input(s) 'S00'. The input(s) are unused
after optimization. Please verify functionality via simulation.
WARNING:Cpld:1007 - Removing unused input(s) 'S11'. The input(s) are unused
after optimization. Please verify functionality via simulation.
WARNING:Cpld:1007 - Removing unused input(s) 'Voltage_B'. The input(s) are
unused after optimization. Please verify functionality via simulation.

Attachments

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
These are just errors. Next time, please write a little something first, explaining what you are trying to do.

It looks like you are using Xilinx ISE and are trying to use the visual programming interface, is that right? Does it create some sort of HDL that you can post, as that would be best. Otherwise, it would appear that you need to connect XLXN_56 and XLXN_55 together. That red box typically means that a pin had yet to be connected. It looks like you tried, but it didn't connect them...

Another reason it may not have connected them, or not allow you to connect them is that you used a multiplexer for both. You will need a multiplexer and a demultiplexer, as they would have their inputs and outputs defined differently.

jokester4u

Joined Nov 3, 2012
Yes you are right !!! they cant be connected

In xilinx there is only multiplexer we have to give the inputs and outputs to the pins

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I'm not at my computer, so I can't check this, but are you able to redefine pins? Perhaps through the object's properties....

Do you have decoders available?

You may nee to make a demultiplexer...

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
The idea is expandable. The author chose a 1 to 2 for simplicity. Think about what the decoderoutputs are doing in a demultiplexer.