Music chip?

ecjohnny

Joined Jul 16, 2005
Hi guys.. i am wondering is there any IC chip or method/ways i can store just a single .wav or any other format of melody type to a chip. Because i am thinking of a project and i want to incorporate a music effect into my circuit which is only a single music/melody. i found some method that uses SD card etc.. it works but those flash memory size are big and exp which doesn't suit my needs.i think what i want is those circuit used in music greeting cards which i doubt are expensive and they play only single music/melody(looped)

I am new to circuit so veteran out there pls help me.

iONic

Joined Nov 16, 2007
Browse the link below and see if anything meets your needs. There are some kits that you can build and would come with all the parts needed. Otherwise you will have to explain your needs as far as the size/space constraints, voltage source, and it's application (will it be used in conjunction with another device...) Do you need a specific melody??

Voice Message IC

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
If you are looking for cheap (~$3.50), and simple, but very versatile...PICAXE 08M2 8-pin microcontrollers have a built-in programmable, tune function and a library of programmable tunes you can download. Free programming editor, and only needs a serial cable to program.
http://www.picaxe.com/

Ken