Multisim - LEM HX50NP

Huby

Joined Jul 5, 2012
Does someone knows how to model LEM HXS50NP in multisim ?
I have no idea where to start...
Huby

Huby

Joined Jul 5, 2012
HI !
Can you explain me how to use Current-controlled voltage source model ?
I'm asking this because LEM has this schematics:
http://oi50.tinypic.com/2qjdb2h.jpg

and as far as i can see CCVS is using just 4 pins.
I dont know how to configure this because i never worked with this model...

Where can i set settings ( voltage,current ) ?

btw. HSX is not in database.

Huby

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
I have to look it up too, maybe this evening.

Configuration parameters of the CCVS should enable you to set the current-to-voltage-ratio.

Have a look here too: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374485a.pdf
chapter 1.13

This doesn't need a power supply because it's only for simulation purposes. Connect the input terminals to where the current to measured flows through (the same terminals you would connect the big HX leads to). Ignore the VCC and ground terminal of the HX.

Huby

Joined Jul 5, 2012
If you could take a look please do, and let me know.
I look at the pdf but there's not any example how to us it.

btw. my out part is connected to LM393 comparator...

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
The blue square should do it for the HXS50. If I understand the datasheet correctly it will produce 2.5V + 1.875V for 150A.

The 200Ohm would be it's output impedance. You are right there isn't much to adjust in its parameters.

You need the extra DC source because its zero reference is at 2.5V.

Attachments

Huby

Joined Jul 5, 2012
OK. i will try it tomorrow. Thank you !

I have two more questions :)

1.) In the schematic i have to use 4016N. This part is not in database so i put MC14016BCP. This model is using pin 1, 2,13 as open pins and that's it.
My problem is that i need to use 10,11,12 also. How can i set/enable those pins ?

2.) In other model - 40160N - VDD and VCC is set as hidden. How to change this ?. Reason why i want to change this is because i want to set VCC to 12V and on my schematics net i use different voltages ( 5,12,72).

Huby

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
1.) In the schematic i have to use 4016N. This part is not in database so i put MC14016BCP. This model is using pin 1, 2,13 as open pins and that's it.
My problem is that i need to use 10,11,12 also. How can i set/enable those pins ?
What do you mean? All four subcircuits are available. Click on "place component", choose the 14016 and then choose subcircuit A, B, C or D in the small tabs that appear.

2.) In other model - 40160N - VDD and VCC is set as hidden. How to change this ?. Reason why i want to change this is because i want to set VCC to 12V and on my schematics net i use different voltages ( 5,12,72).

Huby
I'm not an expert, but I don't think you can enable those. So all threshold values are related to 15V. (CMOS_15) I didn't test it but 12V should be good enough to be recognized as a HIGH.

Huby

Joined Jul 5, 2012
I'm sort of beginner in Multisim.
I saw that there are few additional tabs (A,B,C,D) when i click on - edit component in database / symbol but i dont know how to use it.
E.g. if i need 10,11,12, is this the B tab ?

Btw. do you know how can i draw a SHUNT in multisim ?

Huby

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
I recorded a video of how to place the 4 subcircuits in MS. Unzip it and open it in a browser, you must have shockwave flashplayer installed.

As for the shunt, I would just use a normal resistor.

Attachments

Huby

Joined Jul 5, 2012
Thank you for this video. What to say :)...now i know how to use this in future :)

I have send you the whole schematics in ms12 file.
This schematics should be simulation for this:
http://oi48.tinypic.com/v98k0.jpg

--------------------------------------
What should this be:
- one simple dc/dc converter with max 400W output
---------------------------------------
What i want to do:
-test with oscillator to see if the IGBT is giving some signal. If not then NE555 should be the problem.
- put some 400W load on transformer and test it again.
----------------------------------------
What i'm not sure of:
- how to define output nodes ( yes i know it's funny :)) and to connect them to transformer
- if the 4060BD is good for simulating 4060N
- if the LMC555CN is ok for simulating NE555
----------------------------------------
Transformer values are ok because this idea of dc/dc inverter should be used for much greater powers.

Can you be please so kind and take a look / check this schematics before i start with simulation.

btw. i have attached the tc4420 if you dont have it.

MFG
Huby

Attachments