MSP430FR2433 LED 1 permanently in high state over time

lauralosada

Joined Mar 22, 2021
Hello everyone!

LED 1 from Launch Pad (P1.0) is permanently high over time. I tried some codes for making serial communications and after that, LED does not turn off even if a new code is compiled (the codes used were msp430fr243x_euscia0_uart_01.c and msp430fr243x_euscia0_uart_03.c from TI resources).

Codes compile normally but I have to use the LED 2 for what I need because LED 1 does not respond. It is like if the LED remembers the previous instruction and conflicts with the current one of the code that is being compiled.

Then if it is the memory, could someone please guide me on how to clear the memory of this registry?

Thanks in advance

mckenney

Joined Nov 10, 2018
1) What happens if you remove the jumper on J10 (next to LED1)? That will tell you which direction to look.
2) P1.0 is also connected to J3 (left-hand booster-pack header row). Do you have anything connected there?

It could be damage to the MCU pin or the board, but might as well check the easy stuff first.

lauralosada

Joined Mar 22, 2021
1) What happens if you remove the jumper on J10 (next to LED1)? That will tell you which direction to look.
2) P1.0 is also connected to J3 (left-hand booster-pack header row). Do you have anything connected there?

It could be damage to the MCU pin or the board, but might as well check the easy stuff first.
1) If I remove the jumper on J10, LED1 turns off
2) No, there is nothing connected to the P1.0 from left-hand booster-pack header row.

mckenney

Joined Nov 10, 2018
This is really beginning to sound like board/MCU-pin damage, particularly since it stays on through an MCU reset.

Do you have a spare? (Launchpads are sufficiently cheap that I usually buy them in pairs, just in case I burn one up.)