mplab ide failed

fwks

Joined May 17, 2012
hi everyone,

i had downloaded mplab ide quick start guide and followed the tutorial in Chap 2: A Basic Tutorial.
i followed every steps except that im using pic16f877(pic i want to use for my simulation project) instead of pic18f452 which given in the tutorial.

the problem occured when i pressed 'Build All' ...it shows error..and i dont have any idea what is wrong..

i uploaded the image of error here.

anyone can help??

thanks

Attachments

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
If you can download the newest version of MPLAB but not MPALBX. Then post your code. Your error is related to your code that I am almost sure of

fwks

Joined May 17, 2012
t06afre,

i havent started the coding yet...the problem is on 'DS51281D-page 26' of the quick user guide..which show error for my case (i use pic16f877)..i tried it again many times and it still show the same error...but when i use other pic model (pic18f452 in the tutorial),it shows no error..

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Which programmer do you have. Do you have a bread-board or something like that. I am asking of this because it may give me some clues in how to help you better.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
i had downloaded mplab ide quick start guide and followed the tutorial in Chap 2: A Basic Tutorial.
i followed every steps except that im using pic16f877(pic i want to use for my simulation project) instead of pic18f452 which given in the tutorial.
I assume you start your project using the project wizard, right?

At 2.5, CREATING THE PROJECT, You selected "16F877" as your device, I supposed.

But at 2.8 ADDING FILES TO THE PROJECT, did you select "f452tmpo.asm", "18F452.lkr" as your project files?

If you did, that's how you're getting a BUILD FAILED. Because the .asm program does not match with the device you've selected.

Try to look for an .asm file similar to "f877tmpo.asm" or with "877" in it and try again. Same with the .lkr file as well....

Your startup guide is out of date and it was written for MPLAB IDE 6.61. Today I am using IDE 8.80 and I have yet to upgrade to MPLAB X.

You can see the contents of the .asm file by double-clicking the filename in the project windows on the upper left corner.

HTH.

Allen

fwks

Joined May 17, 2012
I assume you start your project using the project wizard, right?

At 2.5, CREATING THE PROJECT, You selected "16F877" as your device, I supposed.

But at 2.8 ADDING FILES TO THE PROJECT, did you select "f452tmpo.asm", "18F452.lkr" as your project files?

If you did, that's how you're getting a BUILD FAILED. Because the .asm program does not match with the device you've selected.

Try to look for an .asm file similar to "f877tmpo.asm" or with "877" in it and try again. Same with the .lkr file as well....

Your startup guide is out of date and it was written for MPLAB IDE 6.61. Today I am using IDE 8.80 and I have yet to upgrade to MPLAB X.

You can see the contents of the .asm file by double-clicking the filename in the project windows on the upper left corner.

HTH.

Allen

yes i selected pic16f877 as my device..
.asm file = f877tmpo.asm
.lkr file = 16f877.lkr

the error still there...:(

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
yes i selected pic16f877 as my device..
.asm file = f877tmpo.asm
.lkr file = 16f877.lkr

the error still there...
Double click the "f877tmp0.asm" in the project windows.
Select ALL or (ctrl/A)
COPY & PASTE them here using the code tag "#".

The error has something to do with the Interrupt_Vector setting.

Allen

Last edited:

fwks

Joined May 17, 2012
problem solved..

downloaded mplab v8.80...no problem occur as before..
working on the codes now..

thanks anyway...:)