MPASM error 113

beans101

Joined Aug 7, 2013
Hi,

I am completely new to the world of microcontrollers and trying to do a home cnc project. Ive decided to use the linistepper driver http://massmind.org/techref/io/stepper/linistep/index.htm which requires me to program a PIC16F628A. I have downloaded MPLAB, running vista and curently when i try building, I receive an Error 113. I have been searching for days for the answer to why i am getting this error but to no avail. I originally had an error aswell with the #INCLUDE P16F628A.INC until i changed it to upper case (i believe it was an error 105) but this has still left me with the 113 errors with the CONFIG. I have included the asm file and error reports in my zip. Please bear with me aswell, as my programming knowledge is near non existent. :rolleyes:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as the more i am learning about microcontrollers, the more i am enjoying playing with them. I may have decided with a rather adventagous first project but i always like jumping in the deep end :D

Regards,
Troy

Attachments

bance

Joined Aug 11, 2012
Looks like you haven't uncommented the include file....

MPASM thinks anything after a semi-colon is a comment.

;INCLUDE <P16F628A.INC>

Should be:-
INCLUDE <16F628A,INC>

HTH Steve

beans101

Joined Aug 7, 2013
Thanks Steve,
That appears to have been the issue. I removed the semicolon from the include of the processor being used and was able to get a successful build. Something so easy gave me soo many troubles. Now hopefully this is the first of many PIC projects.

Regards,
Troy

bance

Joined Aug 11, 2012
Good news, I'm glad it worked out for you.

I'm trying to make a cnc machine as well, I have to go slowly though, all the parts are a bit expensive for me, I'm gradually getting things together....

Did you know that Roman Black wrote that code? He's a regular here, check his website, loads of cool stuff!!!!

Steve.

beans101

Joined Aug 7, 2013
actually i wasn't aware Roman was actually a regular here, the linistepper looks like a great project and Kudos to anyone involved.

I'm on a very tight budget with my build aswell. I am actually currently unable to work due to serious illness, which has crippled my finances (but given me time to learn :) ) so most of my build is being done through recycling parts. I also chose to take a REPRAP approach (remaking parts for the machine, by the machine) which means essentially, I'm only really having to purchase some electronic components (ie: resonator, microcontrollers) and the leadscrews. Electronically, I am going with the linidrivers, also their 4 axis BOB with recycled stepper motors, which has kept costs way down. Mechanically I'm recycling almost everything aswell and plan to mill out aluminium after to replace peices to give extra strength, rigidity and accuracy. This I see leaving me with a rather nice machine at very minimal cost to take place in my garage :)

On a side note, are there any good, free tutorials or publications which could be recommended to help teach how to write my own programs? The more troubles I'm having with microcontrollers , the more I want to learn how. I am a machinist and junior mechanical engineer but I have little to no knowledge of electronics and programming, which I am trying to rectify.

Troy

beans101

Joined Aug 7, 2013
Thanks Max,
both links look very informative. I will work through these over the next couple of weeks :)

I would love to eventually be able to move to working with more advance chips :) at the moment I am only just enlightened by this world, so I have alot to learn.