motorcycle speedometer manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
the hall effect probably reads the spokes or bolts on the wheel. remove some spokes or bolts and it should read less than actual.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Is this a vehicle modification to fool the safety speed limiting? This sounds like the reason auto modification threads get closed... :)

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Is this a vehicle modification to fool the safety speed limiting?
It's worse than that. The OP is soliciting help to commit a crime.

Which raises an ethical dilemma: Should we "care" about a poster's application? In my mind this forum is all about the circuits. I don't think we really should much consider the application except as it directly affects circuit design. Of course the mods are free to eliminate forbidden topics, and all of us are free to vote with our feet - to not help posters that are up to things we don't like. Maybe that's the best system of all.

As fun and interesting it is to see what folks are up to, I don't feel comfortable being responsible for ferreting out the intentions of the posters here. This particular OP went ahead and openly announced his intentions. He didn't have to, and might have gotten better help if he didn't. Other posters are too secretive and could be up to all sorts of things we'll never know. Weapons, bombs, who knows? Why should we punish the forthright and help the clandestine?

I'd be curious to hear the thoughts of the contributors here.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Actually, I'd rather see the thread closed. There is no valid reason that I can think of for this thread to stay open, and several reasons for it to be closed.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Wayneh, you are right, and maybe this "speeding problem" is actually a masquerade for a device that blows the bomb when you go less then 50 :D

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

This has been going on long enough.

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus