Motor not starting up!

Josh Boynton

Joined Mar 23, 2013

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Welcome to AAC.

I found this thread moderated, and have approved it. New people frequently run into problems when trying to post links. Carry on.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
I don't think the e-bay seller will provide me any kind of warranty.

Thanks in advance,
Josh
Don't think or know for sure? I'd be complaining to ebay and the seller if I bought a DOA motor and it was advertised as working,etc...

Are you sure you even have it hooked up properly?

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
If you post a clear photo of how you have it wired along with which wire numbers are connected to each phase, maybe some one can help.

Does it hum - or does it make no noise at all when power is applied ??
With no power applied, does it spin freely when rotated by hand ?

tinkerman

Joined Jul 22, 2012
Hi everyone,

I bought this motor https://www.mrosupply.com/product/2...otors-Motors_AC_Motors_General_Purpose_Motors, but I got it off e-bay instead and its not starting up . Any ideas of what to look for in regards to take it into repair, I don't think the e-bay seller will provide me any kind of warranty.

Thanks in advance,
Josh
Is yours the exact same motor? The specs list the one in your link as 3 phase 230/460 volt. It won't run on ordinary household supply. It could be connected using a single to three phase converter but this size of motor isn't worth the effort and cost.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
give us the voltage your using, and how you've connected what I assume is nine leads. Specify your overcurrent device and your starter overloads.