motor driver

sasek

Joined Jan 3, 2010
hai all,

i have a lamp that could operate with AC source, here i want control it damp (intensity of light). my friend suggest to use pwm signal to control AC source of the lamp, so here i need to work with a driver, it ok. but i find driver from internet that all the dirver used DC source n here i need to use AC source. reason i want to use AC source is to save space because the housing of the lamp is so small an it build using concrete......... i hope someone could help me ....................thanks 4 read :)

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
Since you seem to lack the experience and skill necessary to work with mains power, I would suggest using a DC powered lamp to try and do some testing on, any mistakes with the mains power can cause serious injury to you and others, and could also possibly cause a fire hazard....

My.02

sasek

Joined Jan 3, 2010
BMorse thanks 4 remind me,

i have try control the light dimmer using pwm. The result is so weird. Here im using LED to indicate the light. When using pwm the LED will blinking n not archive my objective....is it posible if i using thyristor???? then i supply the gate terminal by using pulse from pwm????