Motor Configuration Puzzle

onejames

Joined Jun 12, 2010
I believe that these motors came from a Dell 3100CN printer, its been a while so i make no guarantees :D.

Sorry I dont know if i can be of any more help than what is already on this thread. I never did get these to spin, i did manage to break a few though...

Best of luck! Let me know if you get them running - i came across these just the other day and wished i could use them :confused: ...

- James.

jeffl_2

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I have a Nidec 22H677E010 that I got from All Electronics, that's not the same as yours but I've done a rather thorough analysis and I did get mine to spin. These motors appear to use the Rohm BD6922FV controller chip but that doesn't really help much because even that data sheet doesn't say very much about applications, however I did manage to figure out that you need to apply the correct supply voltage AND a valid PWM signal AND pull up the start line before ANYTHING happens (the inputs are 5 volt TTL compatible, the outputs are all open collector). The part I have happens to be a 24 volt "type 5" motor with sleeve bearings. The PWM signal has to be between 500 hertz and 50 kilohertz with at least a 20% duty cycle. The color code on the wires of the model I have is as follows: red = 24 volt, blk = ground, wht = input start, blu = input PWM, yel = output tach 2 (motor poles x 3 / 2), orange = input reverse. Your wire colors could be similar or they might be quite different. You could use a 5 volt MCU to output the PWM or just a 555 chip powered by 5 volts, the resistor network would be from +5 tie a 2K resistor to a 10K pot to 200 ohms to the junction of pins 2, 6 and a 10 nf cap to ground, tie the wiper to pin 7 and take pin 3 as PWM, tie pins 4 and 8 to +5 and 1 to ground, that'll get you about 16 kHz varying duty cycle 20% to about 98% by adjusting the pot. You can tell if you've got the correct supply voltage by whether the no-load current matches any of those shown on the data sheet. Good luck!

jeffl_2

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Well yeah I forgot that 555 ckt only goes down to about 50% duty cycle but at least it WILL show how PWM varies the speed. It takes a different circuit config to get lower than that, would need to spend some time to work it out, let me know if that's important.

aku

Joined Jan 5, 2014
jeffl_2, thanks for taking the time to post the results of your AllElectronics Nidec 22H wiring investigation! Saved me days (weeks, probably) and a lot of frustration. At $3.75/ea your posting makes this motor a true bargain.

JohnAL

Joined Feb 23, 2014
I just got a bunch of the AllElectronics Nidec 22H677E010 takeouts and Jeffl_2's comments were extremely helpful. The only thing I might quibble with is that I think that the duty cycle of PWM doesn't vary the speed. The frequency of PWM varies the speed. All the circuit needs from PWM is a square wave, and any duty cycle 20%-100% will do. I don't think the duty cycle of PWM affects anything. If I'm wrong please let me know, before I dig myself a deeper hole.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The PWM frequency is usually fixed for motor control, usually as low as possible before switching noise becomes evident, the Pulse Width is varied in order to supply varying energy (current) to the motor, the voltage pulse is square in nature and the resultant current waveform is a mean level with % ripple dependant on motor load.
Max.

Oscar Lopez

Joined Nov 29, 2016
I am working with this motor, and I want to obtain some of its characteristics to creat a mathematical model of it. Could you please help me with this project?

Can find the reverse CW/CCW pin. The motor is controlled well like JeffI_2 describes,on about 20kHz PWM between 2-99% , but the motor will run just in one dirrection . Was inposible for me to make it to run CCW. Thanks