Motion sensitive product

Jsean21

Joined Jan 8, 2009
Hi,
i have a question regarding a product which i am planning to make.
my plan is to make a device which has a motion sensor, when the sensor is triggered it switches on a set of LEDS and plays a person speaking, how complicted is it to make something like this.? how many components will i require?
thanks!

mik3

Joined Feb 4, 2008
You can use an infrared motion sensor like the one used in the gardens to turn on the lights. This will turn on the LEDs and you can modify a CD player to be activated by the motion sensor too. If don't want to modify a DC player then you will need memory chips, ADC, DAC, amplifier etc

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I'm not sure if Radio Shack still sells their 20 second record/playback module, but that would take care of the voice part. (around $20, IIRC)

Add a PIR module (Also at Radio Shack, around $30) for a quick and easy (but a bit more expensive) solution to what you are looking for. Replace button on Radio Shack record module with appropriate circuit driven from the PIR to get the sound. For lights, that would depend on how many LEDs, and what you want them to "do".

Properly, I'd suggest a PIC 12F683 or Atmel ATTiny8 (both are 8 pin uCs, under $3), The Record/Playback IC below, and a PIR sensor. Add code. Again, Depends on how many LEDs you plan to use, and what sequence they light. If getting intricate, switch to an 18 Pin uC for more outputs on LEDs, or more than one PIR.

Voice IC, 20 seconds of record/playback, built in everything, Including Class D amplifier to drive 8 Ohm loads. ($5.90 from DigiKey) http://www.nuvoton.com/NR/rdonlyres/A36145FB-2C28-443F-8202-A8510E9AE8A4/0/ISD1600B.pdf