Motion Detector help

tidjane82

Joined Nov 4, 2009
Could anyone help me how to make my motion detector send me a text message to my cell phone anytime the alarm goes off or how to connect the motion detector to a computer.
thanks

spacewrench

Joined Oct 5, 2009
Perhaps if you tell us what kind of motion detector you have... Chances are, it's possible to do either of those things, but if you have a commercial unit that's designed to turn on a light or something like that, it may be a fairly complicated process.

(Or, it could be a Rube Goldberg process: the motion detector turns on a light, which activates a phototransistor, which starts an oscillator, which moves a servo, which pushes the return key on a keyboard, which sends an email...)

Last edited:

tidjane82

Joined Nov 4, 2009
Thank you very much for your reply. Since I'am doing a senior design, i have to build my own motion detector. I'am building a Crystal -locked ultrasonic motion detector with sensor that detect any movement fron 22 ft. I will add an alarm circuit as well. The principe is, anytime the alerm goes off by detecting a movement i would like to have a message send to my phone, or even better make a call to my phone so i will be alert. I was thinking about how to connect the the all system to my phone, may be using a computer or embedded system.
Any suggestion is welcome attach is the motion detector design.
thanks