Motherboard problem

Peter_England

Joined Jun 29, 2013
MSI MS7267 problem it goes auto reset frequently I tested without harddisk but problem persists I tried to check processor and ram in another Pc it works properly.please help to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
MSI MS7267 problem it goes auto reset frequently I tested without harddisk but problem persists I tried to check processor and ram in another Pc it works properly.please help to troubleshoot the issue. Thanks.
There might still be some motherboards around with dodgy electrolytic capacitors.

http://www.badcaps.net/pages.php?vid=4

Inspect all the electrolytics - look for bulged or split tops or electrolyte stains on the board under the caps. Another sign is a slightly sunken top, if the cap runs hot it can vent some of the electrolyte through the seal, when it cools a vacuum is caused in it.

If the motherboard looks OK, check inside the PSU box for the same thing - while you're at it, check the fan turns freely and isn't obstructed by compacted dust.

Other causes of rebooting/crashing include lack of heat transfer paste under the CPU cooler or maybe failing RAM.