mosfet study

zalavadiasatya

Joined Dec 8, 2008
i have question about mosfet i measure voltage at the gate 13.6 v and ammeter read 200 mA what is expect current at drain of mosfet ! and middle of drain and source has 68 ohm R2 anyone know about it please explain me

thanks

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
i have question about mosfet i measure voltage at the gate 13.6 v and ammeter read 200 mA what is expect current at drain of mosfet ! and middle of drain and source has 68 ohm R2 anyone know about it please explain me

thanks
200 mA into or out of the gate is a highly dubious claim. Maybe that current is an instantaneous value, because it cannot be sustained. You can draw any conclusion you want from a faulty premise.

Last edited:

veritas

Joined Feb 7, 2008
200 mA into or out of the gate is a highly dubious claim. Maybe that current is an instantaneous value, becausr it cannot be sustained. You can draw any conclusion you want from a faulty premise.
I was wondering about that as well, since leakage current should be minimal.

Regardless, there is not enough information here for me to provide an answer.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I was wondering about that as well, since leakage current should be minimal.

Regardless, there is not enough information here for me to provide an answer.
Right. As we all know a MOSFET gate is like a really large capacitor. Charging and discharging the voltage is a function of the integral of the current. The bigger the current source or sink the faster the gate will charge and discharge. There is also the plateau where the voltage remains constant while charge is added or removed.