mosfet array

jayanthyk192

Joined Jan 23, 2010
hi,

i'm building a motor driver.please tell if the schematic attached works.i got in a book.my motor is delta connected.i have seen many schematics having 3-n-channel& 3-p-channel.please tell me if the schematic works and if i apply 12V will the system work?

Attachments

JDT

Joined Feb 12, 2009
It could work. This is only a small part of the circuit. This is the power output stage.

Your are showing a 3-phase "H" bridge using 6 N-channel Mosfets. N-channel mosfets are normally used because they are easier to make in high voltage and high power sizes. A mixture of P and N channel devices might be used on low voltage, low power systems.

It is possible to get special I.C's that will drive your output stage.

Then, you will need to generate the correct signals to control this driver. Usually, a micro-controller is used for this. Three hall-effect sensors are usually fitted inside the motor to signal to the micro-controller the exact position of the motor rotor. More complex circuits can deduce the rotor position using back EMF's generated by the stator and don't need these sensors. These and other inputs are then used to control the motor's speed and torque.