More energy out than put in....

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I think it is a scam.
You can not get more energy out than you put in.
Things on youtube are not always real.

Greetings,
Bertus

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
Where are the test results measuring power in, heat out, heat wasted, useful energy out and so on?
Simply saying something does not make it true. Nor does for that matter producing a video clip on youtube.
That he can heat water I have no doubt as long as he used the big motor shown in the first half of the clip. That he can get more energy out than he puts in I have very grave doubts. And I would be very surprised if the "small" motor in the second half of the clip had enough power to even turn the rotor over.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Of course it's a scam. Try to make sense of the operating principle if you can find a write up. It always turns into nonsense. There is considerable material linked to in the sticky note in this forum that will illustrate what I am saying.

Re the video - I would say it may be working on the principle of a Hilsch tube - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_tube - but with the vortex being generated mechanically. If not, it's just mechanical energy being degraded to heat.

Fuelless? The electrical cost of that big driving motor is far from zero. No pollution? The power plant has to put out a bit more smoke to make the electricity.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Free energy ? Not again please.

I recently investigated the possibility of a heat pump to replace my ageing central heating boiler.

Capital cost of a suitable pump and system to supply heating and hot water from the air, down to minus 20 centigrade

ca £9000

Annual running costs for the electric pump ca £600

Similar system but energy drawn from water pumped through buried pipes

Capital cost ca £15000

Annual running cost of pump £750

I would also need to accomodate 350 metres of buried pipe in the garden.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Heat pumps are not nonsense, nor are they something for nothing if anyone was referring to my contribution.
Except if you saw the video you would have heard the magic words overunity. Also they clearly stated more energy was created than was used to heat the water.

You are talking apples and oranges.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Why would I watch such a video?

But often others here can have useful discussion after the OP has abandoned his thread.

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It seems that many off-topic threads have been overunity recently. I suspect many don't read the sticky note. It's definitely wasting members and moderators' time.

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
With Einstein German accent: "Ja, the law of conservation of energy state, this is a load of nonsense, but now if you were moving faster than the speed of light, and were in fact a tachyon then maybe, but I digress Ja"

cjdelphi

Joined Mar 26, 2009
I understand that you can't get more out than you put in, but 1. i've not abandoned the thread. and 2. the video was made to look plausible to someone like me, probably making it a scam..

It's something for the Mythbusters to try.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Not really, any time you see or hear the words overunity, it is a scam. This is a definate flag, since it violates fundamental laws of the universe. Laws that are core to being able to use modern technology, and are proved by the attempts to violate them on a regular basis.

People will believe what they choose though, I have had friends who seriously believed in magic. To me this is a form of insanity, but unless they put someones life or safety at risk a harmless one. Overunity is just another form of magic.

At least with cold fusion the energy source wasn't free. I'm still a little open on the subject of cold fusion, though I feel like it is a low probability event. As with money, if it is free it is a scam. Scammers can be very convincing, it is their job in life after all.

Its just another crude way to make hot water. It take lots of energy to spin that holed weight with municipal water pressure (50 PSI) feeding it.
Can it be more than 100% efficient? Unlikely.

Cheers, DPW [ Everything has limitations...and I hate limitations.]