Modified Sine Wave H-Bridge Controller IC

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Clive80, Feb 26, 2012.

  1. Clive80

    Thread Starter New Member

    Dec 23, 2011

    I’m designing a small single phase AC inverter and was looking for an IC capable of producing the necessary firing pulses for my H-Bridge IGBTs, ideally I’d like the IC to fire the H-Bridge to produce a modified sine wave output (I’m not too sure what chips are available).

    The solution needs to be IC rather than microprocessor as I’m not good at programming.

    Any information would be gratefully received.

  2. crutschow


    Mar 14, 2008
    I assume you want to generate the sine-wave by applying a PWM signal to the H-bridge(?).

    There are many PWM switching controller ICs available that you could likely use such as these from TI. You just need to sum the signal from a sine-wave generator into the feedback input to generate the sine-wave modulated PWM signal at the output.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012