MODEFYING RF PORTABLE RADIO HOKI-TALKI FOR CARRYING CAMERA SIGNAL

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
The short answer is "no".

The long answer is, "video signals can be transmitted wirelessly but the bandwidth required is much wider than a voice channel used by ordinary portable radios, so it requires a purpose built system operating on frequencies that permit the transmission of video".

Irving

Joined Jan 30, 2016
I suppose, technically, the response should be 'it depends' as an FM radio at 100MHz could, in theory, carry a medium resolution, low-frame rate CCTV signal (B&W VGA, 10fps

So:
What radio?
What camera?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I suppose, technically, the response should be 'it depends' as an FM radio at 100MHz could, in theory, carry a medium resolution, low-frame rate CCTV signal (B&W VGA, 10fps

So:
What radio?
What camera?
There are regulatory components to this question which should be considered as well. My answer integrated those given the form of the question.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Agreed. Besides the technical difficulties, there are regulatory restrictions that prohibit the transmission of encoded signals over channels intended for voice.

sparky 1

Joined Nov 3, 2018
The 5.8 GHz FPV range can transmit down the street and extended range several miles using ham technology, popular for drones.
The video shows an RC plane fix on a balcony. The test shows how he tested the video range and RC signal. The 200mW smaller FPV
was given favorable review.

A Push to Talk hand held radio is for talk and FPV is for video. A composite of voice and video is one way transmission and
Duplex is seen on limeSDR 20mW has the BW but needs an amplifier. The raspberry pie shown is clever, to get range the unit needs a power amplifier, however your cell phone does it all.

Last edited: