mn6636s ic ( aka: analog switch, de-glitcher, sample-hold, analog mux)

13hm13

Joined Jun 1, 2023
Several CD players from the mid 1980's used this device after certain DAC chips like the PCM56. It essentially separated a combined L/R analog audio signal into separate L and R; and then this was fed to LPFs and the output jacks.
The MN6636 is, I believe, a Panasonic part no. for what may be a generic part "6636". It is a 10-pin soic device (see photo, IC802) that is found in CDPs from Technics , Panasonic and a few other brands .
A very similar S/H device is the BU4053 or CD4053 (this is still readily avail) . I have seen it used with the same PCM56 dac chip.

What I need is a datasheet for the 10-pin soic MN6636S.

above: Solder side of Technics SLP-600c cd changer (1987). Note: MN6636 (after PCM56 dac but before output stage opamps)

above: Part of schematic of Technics SLP-600c cd changer (1987).

------------------------------------ ------

ABOVE: Part of schematic of cd player that uses two PCM56, and hence needs no mux (s/h)

above: Part of schematic of cd player that uses two PCM56, and hence needs no mux (s/h)

above: Part of schematic of cd player that uses two PCM56, and hence needs no mux (s/h)

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Facsimile datasheets from alldatasheet.com are generally as worthless as screen doors in submarines. On top of that the part number is a close match rather than an exact match further reducing the usefulness.