Mixing desk Equalizer

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Well done. I guess you have not had any trouble with noise being introduced into the signal? Im guessing not.

You may consider using a little jack in place of the protoboard.

You could use 1/8in phono jacks. That would allow for easier plug and play, without a bunch of soldering involved.

That way you can "plug in" different cap varieties. You could also replace the caps in the perfboard with female headers so you can plug in different caps without having to solder while tuning everything. This will allow you to use the switch to compare cap types and specs side by side.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I am the one who said that if everything is good then little EQ is needed.
Plus and minus 15dB is much too much EQ range. As you say, just a gentle touch here and there is good.

migs

Joined Apr 26, 2010
Gentlemen, and ladies if there's any reading these lines.

Since changing the value of Capacitors C12 and C13 in my circuit has provided the desired effect in my desk, would the addition of a "variable capacitor" if such a thing exists be an option here, in order to get "fully variable" HF and LF ??? One thing to keep in mind is the very limited space that these channels strips offer, it would have to fit in a space no bigger than 1/2 an Inch or 12mm if you prefer.Can someone point out at any brand or make or alternatively a way to make a "variable capacitor" that would allow me to "tune in" preciselly on certain frequencies of the audio spectrum.Any ideas anyone?

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
There does exist variable caps. I used a 75 to 100pf variable cap in one of my first projects. A cable descrambler.

Awww, sucks.. The good ole days of analog cable.

If you can find a variable cap that can swing far enough to make an audible change, it could work. It may be noisy.