Missing tooth

Teena123

Joined Nov 22, 2012
Hello guys, I'm working on a toothed wheel with 40 tooth and 4 tooth missing with a VSR attached to it. the sine waves of the 4 missing tooth wheel appears to have a sine wave signal larger than the other 40 tooth, my problem is i want to build an interface maybe an inverter to change the missing tooth into a meeting pulse. Please does any1 have an item about this??

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You are going to need to explain what you have, what you are trying to do, and how you are trying to do it much more fully and clearly. I have no idea what you mean when you say you want to change a missing tooth into a meeting pulse.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
It's an automotive camshaft sensor, they use about 48 teeth with one missing to give a pulse pattern so the engine control unit can sense cam position and timing.

Decoding the cam and crank pulsetrains is normally used to build performance enhancing gadgets to modify the operation of the fuel injection etc, and is likely to be closed down because of forum rules.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
This isn't a real tooth wheel for an engine it just works in the same way please do you know how i can do that??
Your thread will still probably be closed. The mods cannot know for sure that you're not trying to modify an automobile, and generally they just don't want to take any chances. Unless you give more, VERY SPECIFIC information on EXACTLY what you're trying to do, we cannot help you.

Matt

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Even assuming they don't shut it down, we need you to provide more information more clearly. Could you provide a sketch of what your signals look like both when the missing tooth comes around and when it's somewhere else?