Missing parts of FM transmitter PCB - Solobroadcast Peronica PLL

kelumsd

Joined Nov 14, 2018
Hi everyone, I recently found a good FM transmitter schematic with PCB and found necessary construction instructions. But I just want to know the part numbers of "Number 1" which I circled in RED color in the attached image. And also, there are several outputs/terminals which not mentioned, numbered sequentially as 2,3,4.

I much appreciate it if anyone kindly tell, specially what that equipment in number 1? It seems to be like a transistor, but I'm not sure. And also the number 2,3,4 hopefully. Greatly looking for answers from members. :)

peronika mk2.jpg

Ylli

Joined Nov 13, 2015
#1 is a typical symbol for an upright TO-220 device. Without a schematic, there is no way to tell what device it is. #2-4 appear to be test points.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Since the board shows a 7805 in the bottom right, I could assume it's not a regulator so it's a xstr. Check the vias on the back and start trying to block the circuit out. You also need to size the inductors...

kelumsd

Joined Nov 14, 2018
Well, you can see why everyone is confused with the above statement because of your original statement below:

Why don't you ask the people at the site you linked for a schematic? It must exist and I would bet that it can be found there.
Extremely sorry about that my mistake bro. I can't edit that original thread :(

That original forum is outdated and also from another language. Not English. I believed if someone would have the schematic here.

Ylli

Joined Nov 13, 2015
Looks like it is probably just a generic TO-202 cased NPN transistor, used in conjunction with the adjacent pot to set the RF output level. Partial traced circuit attached. If someone is good manipulation photos, that someone could take the circuit traces, flip it over, and overlay it on the picture of the parts designators. Would make tracing out the circuit a lot easier.
Capture.JPG

edit: whoops, bottom of pot should go to ground, not the transistor emitter.

kelumsd

Joined Nov 14, 2018
Looks like it is probably just a generic TO-202 cased NPN transistor, used in conjunction with the adjacent pot to set the RF output level. Partial traced circuit attached. If someone is good manipulation photos, that someone could take the circuit traces, flip it over, and overlay it on the picture of the parts designators. Would make tracing out the circuit a lot easier.
View attachment 183139

Bro! Thanks for your much effort on this. This made a big hope to me regarding this circuit. :):) Thanks a lot! I keep searching on this too.

kelumsd

Joined Nov 14, 2018
View attachment 183139

I'm attaching the component layout with the PCB for your more attention bro! See below. I highly appreciate your support! :)
pcb peronika mk2.png

kelumsd

Joined Nov 14, 2018
OK, This is what I see for the analog portion. I think the digital section is pretty much self-explanatory, but could be traced out in a similar manner.
Bro! I have no words to thank you! Really appreciate your effort. :):)
One request bro, the attached image has low quality, cannot identify component names Can you provide some high-resolution image plz bro? :p What is the program I should open that .asc file you attached?

EDIT: I found the program. LTspice ;)

Last edited:

Ylli

Joined Nov 13, 2015
Yes, the LTSpice version will be the best. But do note that the file would need quite a bit of work yet to make it simulate-able.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
did you try Google? i spent 15 seconds and found cousin right here, with schematics:
https://www.aareff.com/1wpllm/en/

probably not exactly the same but very similar and with schematics. with more time on hands i bet your schematics can also be found.

i agree about item1 being transistor and i suspect is the output stage of RF (TR5 in link i posted). in your case someone just picked different model. if so this is supposed to be high freq. transistor, not the cheap BD139 or similar.

EDIT... just looked at PCB and circuit by Ylli,

this would be Q7 in his drawing, which does not need to be RF capable. It could be BD135, or BD137 or BD139.

Last edited:

kelumsd

Joined Nov 14, 2018
did you try Google? i spent 15 seconds and found cousin right here, with schematics:
https://www.aareff.com/1wpllm/en/

probably not exactly the same but very similar and with schematics. with more time on hands i bet your schematics can also be found.

i agree about item1 being transistor and i suspect is the output stage of RF (TR5 in link i posted). in your case someone just picked different model. if so this is supposed to be high freq. transistor, not the cheap BD139 or similar.

EDIT... just looked at PCB and circuit by Ylli,

this would be Q7 in his drawing, which does not need to be RF capable. It could be BD135, or BD137 or BD139.
Thank you for your effort on this! :)
And, yes bro, I've spent a lot of time to search on this diagram but I couldn't. That's why I decided to post it here. I also found the link given by you also and other similar projects but no luck. Still couldn't find what is that transistor.