Miniature airport

monster_catfish

Joined Mar 17, 2011
A real work of art, that. Reminds me of the miniature town of Madurodam, near Rotterdam in The Netherlands. I got taken there as a rug-rat many moons ago, and I still remember marveling at the scaled down airport in Madurodam, complete with taxiing aircraft. Got some fond memories of that place

I'd like to see this one some day. Thanks for posting this video.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I 'm at vol.8 so far. The subs aren't that great, but I think that there are sensors in the various points of the ground that recognize each different vehicle and activate via a main computer the intersection that's up ahead. Each vehicle pulls itself via an integrated motor.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Update. Sensors are placed underneath the whole of the tracks and the software knows which vehicle is where. Moreover, it can issue turn and velocity commands.

About wanting one; the airport cost 3.5 million euros.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Next step is to make one each year for RC pilots to flyin and land. Make is scale for the runway. Aircraft carrier sims, speaking of which how come no one in RC plance has attempted a carrier landing simulation.

But away from my point. Pic a famous airport large or small. Recreate to the scale of RC planes then have ATC and have everyone fly and use ATC for take offs and landinds. I'd love ot know how many people run out of gas.