Millivolt Amplifier

Machinesoft

Joined Oct 13, 2012
Hi im am currently working on a special proyect and I need to take the millivots from a microphone signal and turn them from 1-10mv to something between 100-240v. So I need an amplifier to do that but I dont know wich one or if it would be better to link multiple amplifiers. This would be used to charge a phone. This is really important mi duedate for this proyect is 12/28/2012.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
This would be used to charge a phone.
Whoa, do you hope to use energy captured by the microphone to charge a cellphone battery? You don't need (just) an amplifier, you need an energy harvesting strategy. I'll bet the self-discharge rate of the battery exceeds the power available.

A normal "amplifier" uses a small signal to control a big power supply. It doesn't really amplify power so much as it amplifies information contained in a signal.

Machinesoft

Joined Oct 13, 2012
Originally posted by wayneh
I'll bet the self-discharge rate of the battery exceeds the power available.
The amplifier would be used to enlarge the signal but then pass by my partners invetion that turn signals into steady electrical currents and vice versa so I just need the correct amplifier to get the 100-250v necessary because if the soundwaves enter from a mirophone they create the signal needed to turn that electrical signal into an electrical current.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
I'll go out on a limb and say that a microphone cannot generate enough energy to charge a cell phone battery (or any battery that I am familiar with).:(
You really need to choose a new project while you still have time.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
I think if it's a really good microphone, it will create enough energy to run the amplifier and still have enough left over to charge the battery.

Can't talk anymore now, I have to get back to work on my perpetual motion machine.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I think if it's a really good microphone, it will create enough energy to run the amplifier and still have enough left over to charge the battery.

Can't talk anymore now, I have to get back to work on my perpetual motion machine.
Don't bother. I just finished my time machine and saw your perpetual motion machine doesn't work.