Millionnaires!!!

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Hi Guyz!

Is there any millionnaire in this forum!?

Don't worry I'm not going to ask you for some $$$ :D

Regards,

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
I am, not. I think there are here and I think I know who they are, but I won't name any names.
Humm...I like your response Strantor! And I like the fact that we have some here...and if I got you right you just THINK...but I'm pretty SURE about one person though:D

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If you apply the statistics from the general population, the chances are very good that there are some here. If I were one I would not necessarily want to be identified as one. On a competitive forum, Woz showed up and we certainly know about a little success story called Apple Computer.

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
I see all the millionnaires in this forum hiding themselves and avoid this thread for fear to reveal themselves unconsciensly...Hahahah...:D

Come guyz this thread is for you to brag about your $$, €€, ££,...

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
"Loose Change" is giong to get down with the mange.

Ain't going to miss that "Good Range" of whisper.

Gotta be loud to be proud, gotta get on the rail

Going" to get wet lightner and hail

This gig a'int going to fail

Ain't nobody going tail

A'nt it great to have something to sail

Get down and go for the bail

Millionaire monopoly to get out of jail

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Hi Eric,

I suggest you read "The Millionaire Next Door" for a fascinating profile of actual millionaires done by a couple of sociologists. They're actually quite ordinary. Their secret, if there is one, is that to get rich quickly is extraordinarily difficult, but getting rich slowly is quite easy. If you have a 30-40 year time window it can be done without a great deal of effort.

http://www.amazon.com/Millionaire-Next-Door-Thomas-Stanley/dp/0671015206

A steal for under $10 bucks

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
I'll buy the book tomorrow as it very cheap...hope it interresting!

Plus I like reading...

Last edited:

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Don't need no link.

My money stink.

My money likes pink

My flutter is like melted butter.

My money don't utter

My dark money hole

Make me feel like soul

Make me feel so "Good"

Share if I could

Last edited:

wmodavis

Joined Oct 23, 2010
After checking the membership list and gleening income information I certify that 1% of the members are millionaires. The rest of us belong in the Zuccotti group of average regular guys.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Is "millionaire" even a valid term these days? I think it was a 1920's boom era term when a "million bucks" was something totally incredible.

These days a typical house in the city is worth $500 to $600k making normal "peasants" half-millionaires at least. ;)

I'll second the book "Millionaire next door" I've had one since it was first published and it describes ordinary hard working people similar to many I've met. The secret of course is devoting time and effort on making money, not on spending it. In business years ago whenever I met someone with lots of gold jewelery, flashy suits, rolex etc they are always deep in debt and "poor". That's someone devoting their time to spending money ;)

Funny enough there is a psychological link between being poor and desiring to look rich. Someone struggling to pay bills really desires the success reinforcement of buying some shiny trinket. But someone consistently making money and putting good money away every month just has no desire to spend some of it on a Rolex.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
And they've lived in the same house for 40 years, and paid off the mortgage.
They buy used cars.
They buy suits off the rack.
They've been married to the same person for most of their lives
They own their own business.
They live well below their means.
Yeah -- it's all there.
Oh..and they don't give their hard earned money away to idiot politicians.

The follow-on series is called "Rich Dad -- Poor Dad"
Same message -- same story.