Midi help

1-3-2-4

Joined Dec 26, 2008
I'm soon to start this project if I can understand it.. it involves using this midi cpu device, but what I can't understand is I want to use a 3 position switch to send control change parameters 82, 83 & 68

the device is here

http://store.highlyliquid.com/products/midi-cpu

and I was reading the firmware manual and if I read right it changes the control change by way of different resistance values? So in that case my switch would also need resistors on it?

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Can´t you point directly to the page that mentions this? I downloaded both the hardware and firmware manuals and I still have no idea what you´re talking about.

1-3-2-4

Joined Dec 26, 2008
Hmm maybe I was thinking of something else.
on page 50 section 10.1 is what had me confused and more so is how do you tell which CC to send on a switch change?

I don't think I would need matrix connections because it's just a simple switch

here is the switch I'm talking about

The CC's I need is 1 & 68

Last edited:

1-3-2-4

Joined Dec 26, 2008
Well read the hardware manual page 12, and you will find how to connect the switch.
The switch I posted what kind of switch is that?

I know for the switch to work right it has to have some type of velocity settings, it's being used in a organ software to control the Leslie speed.

And if I remember right 127 would be fast and anything under 50 would be slow

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Yes that switch should work I guess.
I am not really sure what you mean with the velocity, read the firmware datasheet section two. From what I understand when the switch on each pin gets on or off, it sends and message that you can set, so with three switches you can send three to six different messages, depending if you want only on one transition of the switch state or both.