Mid Night,The Minnie Two Day Lobster Season Just Started

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
What do you think about the kid burning the sub to get out of work.
I think he's a dumbass.

There are better ways to get out of work. Heck, just go home, no permission, no explanation; the punishment would be less severe.

IIRC it costs about a billion dollars to build one. this kid caused est 400M$ in damage, that's pretty bad. Not to mention the boat will probably have unforeseen problems in the future reminiscent of the gremlins you get when you buy a car that's been flooded. He should be held responsible for any deaths that occur in the future as a result of the damage he cause.

I would not be happy to be assigned to that boat.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
There also catching an extremly high number of mutant lobsters, Oranges, Calico's, half and halfs, blues, whites, etc... Usually we catch 1 a year not 1 a day.

osx-addict

Joined Feb 9, 2012
I heard a story last night on the news here in the LA area that one local city is going to tax the crap out of soft-drinks and their kin (e.g. gatorade,etc)..

I can hear it now :

"Hey Mom.. I'm going to the next city 10 miles away to buy my Big Gulp -- see you in 30".. :p

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
"Hey Mom.. I'm going to the next city 10 miles away to buy my Big Gulp -- see you in 30"..
That happens in alot of area's where it's cheaper to buy the products elsewhere. However, if you bring that drink back into their jurisdiction, they will want you to pay a "use tax" equal to the sales tax.

back on topic ...

That is a dumb way to get a Bad Conduct Discharge. He could have gotten an unsuitable discharge easier than that.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Yeah, your right. I read the article afterwards.

I never thought a yardbird would do such a thing ... but I certainly am wrong.