Microwaves and electronic circuits

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
then there is the story about the guy that had a huge consumer microwave wired into his car, getting his 120 volts off an inverter, He was being pursued by police for a minor traffic offence.........

He activated the unit, and caused a total shutdown of every electrical device in the cruiser, including engine............end of pursuit

He was caught at a later date, doing the same service for tailgaters......car impounded, and rumor has him still in slam.

Roto

Joined Jul 13, 2011
Thank you for all your replies and your warnings. which I take very seriously. Tests will be done in a shielded area and I will be purchasing a detection meter. In addition I'm about to order EMF protection fabrics from lessemf.com. So far I can not find a supplier of ready made suits and head gear so I'm going to get a seamstress to make up the suit and headgear instead. The headgear material is silver thread no nylon or polyester mix so very easy to see through and offers > 50db suppression at 2.4 ghz. I was told by the company that grounding is not necessary but would further enhance the protection from microwaves? I'll add a grounding cord anyway.
Any other suggestions would be welcome as I've never worked around high power radar etc.

Does anyone know roughly how much suppression a poured concrete wall provides I read several technical articles but couldn't find anything I could use. Anyway as I said I'll be buying a meter so I guess I can do the test myself.

And PackratKing probably urban legend eh can't see a simple microwave especially at any distance (even focused down a tube) getting through the grill, radiator bouncing off the block etc. doing any damage? Not compared to the EMP cannon that their talking about for stopping cars.

Roto
http://www.coldgold.rotoquad.com

Last edited: