microvave signal polarity

electronewb

Joined Apr 24, 2012
How does polarity in a microwave or any RF signal gets created? Vertical, horizontal, L circular , R circular. Is it the waveguide or the actual feed horn that creates the polarity? And how is it created?

electronewb

Joined Apr 24, 2012
No I haven't but I will read it for sure thanks. The reason why I'm asking is because somebody told me that the polarity in a microwave signal is due "to a bunch of diodes" different diodes arrangements= different polarity

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
No I haven't but I will read it for sure thanks. The reason why I'm asking is because somebody told me that the polarity in a microwave signal is due "to a bunch of diodes" different diodes arrangements= different polarity
I'm not sure about the physics behind that statement. Microwaves have numerous properties that are counter intuitive. This is rooted in the relationship between the wavelength of the signals and the dimensions of the components used to implement transmitters and receivers.

In the HF region from say 3 MHz to 30 MHz the wavelengths are on the order of 10's of meters. Here the wavelength of the signals is much greater than the dimensions of the components. Some people still think RF Engineering is black magic but circuits are easier to construct and debug with inexpensive (relatively) tools.