Microsoft Visual Studio for C : Tips and Tricks

Kittu20

Joined Oct 12, 2022
Hey everyone!

I'm looking to practice C language on my PC. I've heard that Microsoft Visual Studio is a popular choice for writing programs. I can write the code using Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 and see the resulting output on the terminal.

For those of you who use Visual Studio for C language practice, which features do you find most helpful ?

Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!"

ApacheKid

Joined Jan 12, 2015
Hey everyone!

I'm looking to practice C language on my PC. I've heard that Microsoft Visual Studio is a popular choice for writing programs. I can write the code using Microsoft Visual Studio 2022 and see the resulting output on the terminal.

For those of you who use Visual Studio for C language practice, which features do you find most helpful ?

Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!"
Well VS (Visual Studio) is perhaps the most impressive IDE in the business, there is no better general purpose IDE. It's now a 64 bit application too. It's extensibility model is first class, there are many extensions for all sorts of languages. Most other general purpose IDEs are based on Eclipse which is creaking at the seams, very outdated.

It has first class support for debugging managed or native code, multiple threads, it is used by Microsoft internally for OS development and device driver development. So for learning C you can't go wrong.