microcontroller

secret888

Joined Oct 7, 2009
hello....
i m new here..
i want to ask about the microcontroller..
in order to use 1 microcontroller to control 2 o 3 microncontroller function, is it possible for us to do that?
thanks..

nanovate

Joined May 7, 2007
in order to use 1 microcontroller to control 2 o 3 microncontroller function, is it possible for us to do that?
Probably. In order to answer 1 question, please give 2 o 3 details about what you want and it will be possible.

secret888

Joined Oct 7, 2009
if i have 3 different circuit which use microcontroller PIC18F14k50 and PIC18F4550. now i want to use PIC18F14K50 to run 3 different circuit.the 3circuits input is a usb port supply. i want to know whether all pin can become the output of microcontroller?will it come out an error to that circuit if i connect the other output that needed to any pin that available?because as i know different pins have different function, so i am confuse with whether can i connect it to any pin that available.
i m sorry for my weak description of the details. if it is not clear enough, please do advice me more. thank you so much...

Last edited:

secret888

Joined Oct 7, 2009
if i just want to use 1pic to control all the function, would it be possible?
which mean 3pic i reduce it become only 1pic.
the other 2pic i am not going to use it.
is it possible too?

Like you have correctly stated above, different pins have different functionality. If the PIC you are trying to use has enough pins with the functionality that you need then you can potentially control all three circuits with one PIC.

We need a lot more details about the project to be able to answer this one...

secret888

Joined Oct 7, 2009
in addition, i would like to know whether can we give 2input power to only 1pin. as an example, for PIC18f14k50 and pic18f4550 which the pic18f14k50 pin 18 and pin 19 function is RA0/D+/PGD and RA1/D-/PGC while pic18f4550 is different pin for function D+/D- and PGD/PGC.
while the input supply that i have are USBRB and ICSP and the USBRB must connect to D+ and D- while ICSP must connect to PGC and PGD.
will it possible for me to connect all that to the pin 18 and pin 19?
which means pin18 have 2input,D+ and PGD and pin 19 have D- and PGC.
can i do that?:confused:
sorry for my weak in microcontroller and my weak english and description.
thank you.:)

secret888

Joined Oct 7, 2009
for this project, i have 3circuits which is usb controlled serial mux, usb controlled power relay and ethernet relay. for serial mux and power relay use usbrb to give power supply, while ethernet use usbrb and iscp.after that, that will be many LED to show the result of the function while some output will go to another pic and then go to relay and next go to the serial port that connect to pc n others.:confused: