Microcontroller Based Smoke Detector

eddietang

Joined May 26, 2012
Can anybody help me, im doing a project , my title is build a simple microcontroller based smoke detector, it just a simple circuit with output led and buzzer and input ldr but im dont what component i need to use and how to build the whole circuit and so the programming work. Can anybody help me plz?

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Can anybody help me, im doing a project , my title is build a simple microcontroller based smoke detector, it just a simple circuit with output led and buzzer and input ldr but im dont what component i need to use and how to build the whole circuit and so the programming work. Can anybody help me plz?
You didn't say which mcu you're interfacing. And I wonder besides detecting smoke, are you going to detect light as well? Did you do a google search on "smoke detecting with mcu"? I am sure there'd be a lot of hits if you did...:rolleyes:

Here's one I found which has schematics and sample code in C for PIC. You may download, refer and modify it to suite your own use...

http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pid=LiY4EQULOw4VChYaHicoDReSVd2VAyIduPctksgAZnU=&store=

Smoke detectors are usually digital devices which gives a logic level (H or L) when the smoke is detected, plus another 2 pins for Vcc and Gnd like this one.

http://www.emartee.com/product/41794/Smoke%20Sensor%20Module%20GH%20312

In case you are using Arduino, there is a Smoke Detector shield as well.

http://www.cutedigi.com/arduino-shields/soliddigi-mq2-smoke-detector-shield-for-arduino.html

Allen

Last edited:

eddietang

Joined May 26, 2012
Thanks for ur reply, but mine project is just a simple smoke detector not the wireless smoke detector , and i would like to use the mcu is pic16f877a

eddietang

Joined May 26, 2012
Is microcontroller based smoke detector a simple project using the ldr to detect when the light source dims and then activate the led buzzer

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

An optical smoke detector is less sensitive than a ionization type.
In an optical type they make use of the reflection on the smoke particles.
See the picture from the wiki page for more details (the light emittor and reciever are placed under an angle):

Bertus

eddietang

Joined May 26, 2012
Hello,

An optical smoke detector is less sensitive than a ionization type.
In an optical type they make use of the reflection on the smoke particles.
See the picture from the wiki page for more details (the light emittor and reciever are placed under an angle):

Bertus
but my idea is just using a pic16f84a with output buzzer and led and input is ldr to detect the led, and some of the component of voltage regulator and oscillator.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
smoke detection is all about the sensor, and not really a mcu application, unless you add utility, in which case your smoke detector output (either output port or physical notifier) connects to your mcu. Then what is it you want to do with that info?