MICRO SWITCHES wiring diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

cessnadriver

Joined Feb 17, 2013
Hello ALL.
I am new to your forum! I hope I'm in the correct department?
Here goes. Attached is a schematic for "Cowl Flaps" on an airplane. If you look at the CIRCLED DPDT(?) switches, I'd like to change this to two Micro switches (as ON-ON )?? As you go through the diagram from the CIRCLED DPDT switches you'll see two micro switches (these are limit or stop switches).View attachment Cowl flap circuit c3370001.pdf
That said does anyone/everyone think it can be done?? Also I'm fairly smart with electrical wiring, but I have to admit these three terminal micro switches have me a bit stumped!!
Thanks for looking!
Sincerely,
BILLS

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The Completed Projects Forum is for Completed Projects only. It is meant to allow members to show plans for projects they built so other members can duplicate them if desired. New threads are also automatically moderated per Moderator review for this reason. Your thread does not belong in this forum, and was moved here.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
The three terminals on a micro-switch should be marked as C, NC and NO. If they are not marked, it is easy to figure out using a meter. If you don't know how to do that, I wouldn't want to fly in the airplane you are working on. I know it sounds harsh, but it sure sounds like a major safety issue to modify cowl flaps on an airplane.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Indeed. The terms of service don't explicitly restrict aircraft topics, but common logic dictates that any concern for automotive dangers is tenfold for aircraft.

Please consult a verified technician.

Status
Not open for further replies.