Micro/Miniature Solenoids

jdm2008

Joined Apr 10, 2009
Hello,

Don't really have much of an electronics backround but I have a question.

I'm using 3 solenoids to open and close ports of a manifold. DC current not really sure how much probably around 3 volts. There isn't really a force requirement since it only has to seal the port. It's also highly preferably if its latching. I'm basically trying to get a latching solenoid as small as possible. I've tried several suppliers(Bicro, Ledex, Magnet Schultz etc) and the smallest I've been able to get is 1/2 diamater by 1 inch length. Does anyone know anywhere where I can get anything smaller?

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
I can't visualize a manifold with mo pressure differential, if there is, then it will make a difference on which side of the manifold the solenoids are mounted on.

jdm2008

Joined Apr 10, 2009
I can't visualize a manifold with mo pressure differential, if there is, then it will make a difference on which side of the manifold the solenoids are mounted on.
Sorry I wasn't clear. There will be a pump connected to one side of a manifold and the ports will hook up to tube adapters. The solenoids will be mounted above the ports and will open and close the ports to the pump

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Strange; while looking for a rorary solenoid in junk box[shed] ,found three plunger type relays with brass cone tips for controling gas flow in a manifold. Rather large, 3/4 in dia. 1 in long, high Z,1200Ω. Have not found mineature ones yet.

jdm2008

Joined Apr 10, 2009
Strange; while looking for a rorary solenoid in junk box[shed] ,found three plunger type relays with brass cone tips for controling gas flow in a manifold. Rather large, 3/4 in dia. 1 in long, high Z,1200Ω. Have not found mineature ones yet.
Yea I was only able to find solenoids maybe a little smaller than that.