Mic Issues In Music Frequency Project

to3metalcan

Joined Jul 20, 2014
Cowhock, when you're matching levels, are you actually using a signal coming through the mic, or are you connecting a test-tone where the mic would have been?

cowhock35

Joined Dec 25, 2012
Using a signal through a speaker system. I don't think I really have the option to match the signals that well because the gain on the mic is used for sensitivity so the lights arent on all the time at the slightest sounds. So the gain of the amp and the amplitude of the mic output can only be played with in a certain range, otherwise the lights will on all the time or not flash at all. With the current gain pot of 200k I can achieve both extremes, so matching the input level wouldn't really fix the problem. I think it may be that the mic is just very susceptible to influences other than the pure audio of the music (or maybe echos in the room) and while its not perfect, the response is tolerable for most songs, and appears as though it may be unfixable.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
It seems like in one of the posts I read that it was the 60 and 150 Hz lights (can't seem to find it now). If so you could lower the low frequency gain by making the 22 Ufd. smaller.