message "demo limit" in mikroC

saman1969

Joined Nov 2, 2012
When my program is compiled the compiler show error message "Demo limit" .
my program is run in mikroC v.5 . and finaly it should be programmed on the DSPIC(33F256GP710) .it appears that when my codes passes from a limit it occures.but the number of line in my code is about 850 and it seems to be not very larg . please giude me in this problem
thanks

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
850 lines is much too large for the mikroc demo. You'll probably either have to purchase a license for the full version of mikroc, or switch to a free compiler. You may want to check the Microchip website to see what compilers they have for that type of chip.

Good luck!
Matt

hexreader

Joined Apr 16, 2011
The demo limit is reached at 2k program words.

A line of C code may be any number of program words.

Clearly your 850 lines of C code exceeds 2k program words.

The options that come to mind are:

1 Write less code
2 Write more efficient code
3 Buy a licence

Latest version of C compiler is mikroC pro version 5.8

EDIT: I am way too slow - everyone else got there first

saman1969

Joined Nov 2, 2012
if I compile my program it will face with "Demo Limit" message and when I disable a line of it , it will compiled successfuly and make a hex file with size 24KB . it seems deleting one line does not reduce so large size down to 2k (that is the limit of demo version of mikroc). I use full version of the mikroC not demo.
please help me my friends.
thanks

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
If you have a full version of MiKroC I would be Calling them not over here asking for help

I would be asking for my Money back on the phone or Fix it till I get what I paid for.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
if I compile my program it will face with "Demo Limit" message and when I disable a line of it , it will compiled successfuly and make a hex file with size 24KB . it seems deleting one line does not reduce so large size down to 2k (that is the limit of demo version of mikroc). I use full version of the mikroC not demo.
please help me my friends.
thanks
You might think you are running the full version but obviously you are not.

Check on this page

http://www.mikroe.com/mikroc/pic/

In the lower right hand corner. It explains the license key. I don't run mikroC and was able to find this in a 2 minute search. Not sure whayyou were not able to find it.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Hello,

Are you sure you have a licensed version?
http://www.mikroe.com/downloads/get/33/licence_key_v102.pdf

I hope it is not a hacked/cracked version.

Bertus
I was thinking the same thing. If you pirated this program, then obviously you're getting what you paid for. It never pays to use cracked programs, and in fact does much more harm than good, even to yourself. If that is indeed the case, let this be a lesson for you. I suggest searching for alternative options that are actually legal.

Regards

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
It's more then likely A hacked IDE or the phone would be ringing If he bought the real thing
The Op wouldn't be asking for help here to fix it.

Kind of like a guy got a clone of the pickit2 and then ask Microchip it fix it. Not happenning
so where do they any forum that may help.