Mesh currents!

rougie

Joined Dec 11, 2006
Hello,

I did some late night reading at the following page:

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/chpt_10/3.html

Cool stuff! :)

Worked out the problems manually and kind of enjoyed it. But I was wondering!!! Is this something that we should know right off the top of our heads at all time or is it knowledge to exercise the electronic mind?

I mean, how often will I/we need this stuff in practical circuits??

Don't get me wrong... I would enjoy practicing problem after problem of the like, but is it necessary to study this stuff every night or once a week until it becomes habitual knowledge?

Just asking! :rolleyes:

thanks for all feedback
r

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I mean, how often will I/we need this stuff in practical circuits??
It depends on what types of "practical circuits" you anticipate! ;)

IMHO, it's one of those things that you need to learn and understand - once - so that it will clarify the way you see the world. It's not something you have to be able to do at the drop of a hat, but something you know you can pull out and use when it's needed. Just knowing that there IS a tool for a job is half the battle. Knowing how to apply the tool is next, but you can always look it up when you need help.

rougie

Joined Dec 11, 2006
hello wayneh,

IMHO, it's one of those things that you need to learn and understand - once - so that it will clarify the way you see the world. It's not something you have to be able to do at the drop of a hat, but something you know you can pull out and use when it's needed. Just knowing that there IS a tool for a job is half the battle. Knowing how to apply the tool is next, but you can always look it up when you need help.
understood!

Thanks for replying!
r