mesh analysis with 3 loops

shuujin01

Joined Nov 30, 2013
Hi can anyone please check my loop equations to see if i did them correctly that's all i need help with.
mesh1:
E1 = Vr +E2+Vc+E3
E1-E2-E3 = r(i1+i2)+c(i1+i3)

E1-E2-E3 = i1(r+c)+ i2(r) +i3(c)
mesh 2:
-E2 = Vr+Vz1+Vz2
-E2 = r(i2+i1)+z1(i2)+z2(i2+i3)

-E2 = i1(r)+i2(r+z1+z2)+ i3(z2)
mesh 3:
E3 = Vc+Vz2+Vz3
E3 = c(i3+i1)+z2(i3+i2)+z3(i3)

E3 = i1(c)+i2(z2)+i3(c+z2+z3)

Attachments

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You need to develop the ability to check your own work. After all, who's going to check it for you in the real world? If the person that hired you knew the answer, they wouldn't have hired you! Being able to solve problems -- and verify that they have been solved correctly -- is the value you bring to the table and for which people are willing to pay you a decent wage.

The nice thing about most engineering problems is that you can determine the validity of a solution starting from the solution itself.

Now, remember what I said about not making your audience GUESS at what you mean?

You have E1, E2, and E3. What are those? There is nothing in the diagram by any of those names? Do you mean v1, v2, and v3? If so, say so!

Then you have Vr and Vc and the rest of the voltages? What is the polarity of each of them. I am NOT going to try to reverse engineer which polarity you assigned to them. If I were grading this, why should it be worth my time and effort to figure out something that you obviously felt wasn't worth your time to indicate?

shuujin01

Joined Nov 30, 2013
You need to develop the ability to check your own work. After all, who's going to check it for you in the real world? If the person that hired you knew the answer, they wouldn't have hired you! Being able to solve problems -- and verify that they have been solved correctly -- is the value you bring to the table and for which people are willing to pay you a decent wage.

The nice thing about most engineering problems is that you can determine the validity of a solution starting from the solution itself.

Now, remember what I said about not making your audience GUESS at what you mean?

You have E1, E2, and E3. What are those? There is nothing in the diagram by any of those names? Do you mean v1, v2, and v3? If so, say so!

Then you have Vr and Vc and the rest of the voltages? What is the polarity of each of them. I am NOT going to try to reverse engineer which polarity you assigned to them. If I were grading this, why should it be worth my time and effort to figure out something that you obviously felt wasn't worth your time to indicate?
then never mind checking it. i am just gonna delete this thread. thanks for the big help

shuujin01

Joined Nov 30, 2013
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

'Twas ever thus.
indeed i cant make the horse drink, the horse has to be thirsty for him drink, right the Electrician. anyway thanks for ur time to check my thread and spend some time to respond. big help i appreciate it.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
then never mind checking it. i am just gonna delete this thread. thanks for the big help
1) You can't delete the thread.

2) What is so hard about simply annotating your diagram with your assigned polarities?

Apparently you feel that the people you ask for free help from are obligated to read your mind because it's too inconvenient for you to convey such information.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
indeed i cant make the horse drink, the horse has to be thirsty for him drink, right the Electrician. anyway thanks for ur time to check my thread and spend some time to respond. big help i appreciate it.
And apparently you aren't thirsty enough for knowledge to even try to help others give it to you.