Merry Christmas 2020, get anything good for yourself?

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Tools - Table Saw, Hammer Drill, Nail Gun.
Storage - Shipping Container, Wood Shed.
Work Room/Garage/Lab/Home office.
Wireless Audio Connection for Amp And Guitar.

kv

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
I got a card from a charity, saying I'm donating a goat to villagers in a third world country.
Like Max, I'm down-sizing: a painful experience after years of collecting all sorts of tools and 'resources'.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
New PC wit 1T byte SSD and 16 gigs of RAM. This because the lovrely wife Morticia had a hard drive crash, and I upgraded her to a flash drive, creating severe PC envy on my part.

Bob

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
A belated happy holidays to all my friends here at AAC. Spent our holidays out of town but had a really nice time visiting with family. As to any good gifts? Nope but told my wife I will combine my Christmas, Anniversary (Feb 1st) and my birthday (Feb 7th) and come up with something. :)

Ron

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
New snowboard. It turned out that size does matter - my first one was too large as what was sold to me was picked by height and not by weight.

Happy Holidays!

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
A belated happy holidays to all my friends here at AAC. Spent our holidays out of town but had a really nice time visiting with family. As to any good gifts? Nope but told my wife I will combine my Christmas, Anniversary (Feb 1st) and my birthday (Feb 7th) and come up with something. :)

Ron
I know who will be also celebrating his birthday on the 7th of February.

dendad

Joined Feb 20, 2016
We got to go and visit our son in Melbourne as the folks here largely were sensible and obeyed the medical advice so the Covid 19 cases have ceased, at least, for now. We all bit the bullet and closed up shop and isolated as recommended so we could have Christmas with out families. That was a great blessing.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Got myself a new fire pit. The beach motif fits with an addition just to the left of the photo. The old fire pit will be a curb alert item soon and I need to figure out a more elegant pad for the new one.

Snow started just an hour after this photo was taken. Winter wonderland now.

IMG_2987.png

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
For Dec 2020 my son showed me how to successfully make box joints with the router, something I had always considered to be too complicated to worth the effort.

For 2021 I have a CNC machine on the way.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
For Dec 2020 my son showed me how to successfully make box joints with the router, something I had always considered to be too complicated to worth the effort.

For 2021 I have a CNC machine on the way.
I looked at a bunch of finger joint jigs on the interwebs and built one that fits my table saw...because I have a table saw. It isn't pretty, but it works.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I looked at a bunch of finger joint jigs on the interwebs and built one that fits my table saw...because I have a table saw. It isn't pretty, but it works.
I looked at some finger joint jigs and also looked at some joint techniques on the web. I thought surely I can come up with my own jig and technique.

Then staring right in from of me on my work bench was a scrap piece of angle metal with holes evenly spaced ½" apart.
Bingo, the idea came to me that I can make a jig with my 3D printer that will make this work.

Here is version 001 and it works very well. You are looking at the backside of the fence. I will refine the idea and show a photo of the front side of the fence another time.box joint jig.jpg.JPG